NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AS!2 reworks assisted by K3

beamish

courtesy of Neil's tutorial I have given some avi's the treatment in readiness for the coming season. Below are the results - I'm reasonably pleased given it's my first bash and a bit more tweaking may give me better results but I am limited to avi's that have avoided accidental deleting :(

post-792-0-45264000-1339496011_thumb.jpg

post-792-0-89046700-1339496012_thumb.jpg

looking pretty good Karlo. stellarium shows jupiter just entering the morning.still to low to image but its now our side of the sun. Did you find k3 helped weed out bad frames before AS/2 i assume you killed some more in AS/2 for the double wammy clean.

Nice processing on those showing good tight detail.A little bit of red on the left. what did you use to align channels

Cheers Neil,

Always a bit of a faff to start a new processing regimen but got there in the end and clearly more tweaking is available- I think it shows promise certainly :) I was initially worried about have killed too many frames in K3 and then in AS!2 hence the ringing when wvlts applied in R6 but overall I'm happy with initial results and am eager to see the King up high :)

I aligned in PS CS3- I think the alignment is never going to be too great IIRC from the original data using PS and WinJupos there was always some mis-alignment. Lots of HDD space will be gobbled up this season what with playing with DeRot and K3 , then the endless tweaking :)

..but that's what it's all about eh ?

Ta Neil for the tut !

Cheers Themos BTW for the remarks, I think it's a close call with the two versions and tweaking with either will give yet another result -I thought for the simple purposes of a demo I'd add them in I too quite like just the RGB BTW

Archived