Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Party piece on Country Tracks

Brent

Country Tracks on BBC One just showed a 10 minute piece from 1998 about a Star Party in Thetford Forest. Nik Symanek was on, didn't recognise anyone else.

Hopefully it will be on iPlayer, otherwise not much point in me posting this, (so sorry!)

Just watched it on iPlayer ( starts at 21:22 ) and the opening scene did make me laugh with someone shouting, "...turn that light out!" which I am sure was overdubbed with a more polite version. :grin: :grin: :grin: Interesting comment the female presenter made about the absence of women at the star party which was then in 98' and which of course is so different than it is today. Glad to see that participants today are also a lot more 'ordinary' and relaxed (...in the main! :grin: ) than the nerdy stereotypes that were being portrayed in the film. Certainly worth watching and thanks for the heads up.

James

Thetford was the location for the Equinox Star Party before it moved to Kelling Heath (mainly because Thetford site became too small for all those that wanted to attend - a bit like now at KH),

Callum

Just watched it on iPlayer ( starts at 21:22 ) and the opening scene did make me laugh with someone shouting, "...turn that light out!" which I am sure was overdubbed with a more polite version. :grin: :grin: :grin: Interesting comment the female presenter made about the absence of women at the star party which was then in 98' and which of course is so different than it is today. Glad to see that participants today are also a lot more 'ordinary' and relaxed (...in the main! :grin: ) than the nerdy stereotypes that were being portrayed in the film. Certainly worth watching and thanks for the heads up.

James

Don't you always find that the way with TV programmes, they seem to only want only the 'characters' on screen, which often seems to give a bad impression of whatever pass time they are portraying

Archived