NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

new website

MartinB

Martin,

If the domain name is fairly new, there's a chance thats Steve's ISP hasn't refreshed their DNS entries yet. Some ISP's take well over 48 hours to renew stuff - I'd not worry about it for a couple of days.

Great work on the site btw, very informative :D

Cheers,

Chris

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin, just read through the Toucam section of your web site..... :D It was well written and easy for me, a novice, to understand. Once I have my Toucam I will no doubt be referring back to it so that I get the settings right for the software before I venture out.

I'll post any successful pics I take...................

Thanks again and clear skies,

Gary

all you need is 1. web space * - which should have come free from your internet provider

Martin has inspired me to get a proper website going.

Any suggestions for who to use for webspace? My ISP, (Virgin, bought out Telewest), gives me free but limited webspace. The big issue is that if I use anything other than their tools for adding or editing my info, then my changes are not saved and lost everytime I go into their editor. What a joy that was, slowly realising what was happening to all that work!

Oh and any suggestions for who to buy a domain name from

Anthony

PS - can PM me the answer. I just placed it here for context - I don't want to hijack the thread.

Archived