Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Asda Webcam

clive luty

Hi all

i have just bought an Asda webcam and was wandering if anyone could give me a step by step instruction as to how to modify and mount it to the telescope

thanks in advance

Clive

i bought a £5 webcam last week the same style as the asda one,

all i did was unscrew front cover

unscrew the lens

replace front cover

then attach an old film case to front cover with duck tape ( crude & not very pretty to look at i know, but does the job )

it slots perfectly into the ep

heres a shot of saturn with no tracking & no knowledge of astro photogrophy as ive only had my scope a week

i dont think colours or focus are great but struggleing with registax aswell but its still a good first effort in my opinion

Capture 01_06_2012 23_21_32.bmp

Great that phil m105 not bad saturn

It is awesome like when you mod cam to telescope and take some astro photo's

especially when you know how far away saturn is 845 million miles from earth.

was watching program on tv yesterday about saturn moon titan :)

thanks cliff

i watched same program its mind boggling to think of the distances

& such a thrill to know we can see these awsome sights with relatively cheap equipment

although ive not stopped spending since i got my scope lol

Hi all

i have just bought an Asda webcam and was wandering if anyone could give me a step by step instruction as to how to modify and mount it to the telescope

thanks in advance

Clive

heres just one of many videos on how to do it same principle for all shapes & sizes

hope it helps

This looks very interesting to me.

I want to do this, I would like to take simple snaps of what my daughter and I observe as a very basic record. I'm definitely going to have a go at this.

One day I'd like to have a go at astro-photography, but I'll need a different scope than my current dob. But I had such fun observing the sun with my DIY solar filters I think astronomy on a shoestring could be fun. I think this webcam project and some setting circles could be fun to do. :cool:

I'll post pics as I attempt this project later.

thanks cliff

i watched same program its mind boggling to think of the distances

& such a thrill to know we can see these awsome sights with relatively cheap equipment

although ive not stopped spending since i got my scope lol

It is like and we just dot in space :) never know whats out there. or whats heading our way.

Thanks everyone for your responses. The videos were very good. Hopefully i won't make a hash of it and get some descent pics fingers crossed.

Lets hope for some clear skies, not seen any for a few weeks now :embarassed:

Archived