Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Photos From The Transit Of Venus

SeedyF

I officially have that bulldog spirit - the Queen would be proud.

The scene on arrival. Cheery huh?

post-8924-0-73796200-1338997848_thumb.jp

Checking for a flat spot for the Dob

post-8924-0-91376700-1338997935_thumb.jp

That is definitely a glimmer of sky approaching the horizon (it had also stopped raining!)

post-8924-0-98063900-1338998005_thumb.jp

Rain's back so had to improvise some cover for the scope :rolleyes:

post-8924-0-01768800-1338998222_thumb.jp

Venue - Broadstairs, Kent UK. A two hour ten minute drive from my house with a dob base strapped into one back seat and the OTA on the other, more kit than I care to admit in the boot. Overnight stay at a local hotel, a couple of days wandering the local area enjoying nice meals and time off with my wife.

Oh and dragging her out of bed at 4am to sit on a rainy harbour and occasionally protecting me with a brolly. :cheesy:

I had so long to look at the dreadful weather forecast it wasn't a disappointment in the end, and I'm glad I gave it a shot. Well done to everyone who saw it, I look forward to reading your tales and seeing your photos :icon_salut:

I suspect I will be paying this back for years to come. Oddly she didnt bat an eyelid when I mentioned transit of Mercury last night :-)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I am a part time twitcher thanks to my step dad and I remember travelling through the night - eight hours - to the highlands to see a belted kingfisher that never materialised. We do amazing things for our hobbies because when it does all come together it is an unbelievable rush that we keep trying to replicate!

Archived