Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Something to aim for.

Kain

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think posted this is another thread Kain, to go along with Astroman's suggestion of visual work, why not do some double star observing and measuring?

I'm sure Lunator can help you find them and get you started on measurements? Your dob would be perfect for that. OOPS! Just read your thread properly and I think Ian would be glad of the company!!!

Also, set yourself to learn a constellation over two or three clear nights. Learn the main stars, their names and any other objects located in them. Then, when you've mastered them, go onto more details of the main stars - distance, spectral class, etc.

In fact, this is a good little project for any newcomer or someone feeling a little out of sorts...

Ive done alot of observing though, now now I'm looking for something else.

I am going to prove you can do deep sky imaging with an untracked dobs. I know Nebulae are out the questions, but Globs might be different with a webcam.

I'm have been pricing up laptops, and Trevor has kindly donated me a modified webcam to have a play with. If nothing else it will be fun to try. I have been thinking of getting a laptop for a while anyway.

If I have fun with that, I might look around for a reasonable priced little reflector (not the tasco Rubbish I have) with a moterized mount and see what I can do with that.

It's time to shut up maoning about not being able to image - I AM going to be able to image with my scope, and I am going to prove it (eventualy :D)

Thats going to be my challange :)

Just need to figure out this stacker software, thats more confusing than looking for M27 with a shaving mirror and a magnifying glass! (go on try it, it really does work!!)

Kain

Archived