NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW star diagonal problem

I've got a problem with the standard SW star diagonal supplied with my ST80: one of the screws that secures the EP in place doesn't hold any more - the thread is knackered and now it just falls out when I try to use it. :(

It was only the fifth time I'd used the scope properly so I'm a bit surprised, not least because it always felt a little plasticey so I've been very careful about finger tightening it gently :(

I just got in touch with the supplier (not FLO I regret to say) who suggested it would be easier for me to contact the importer (OVL) directly, which I'll do tomorrow.

I just wondered, since it never felt that well built anyway, if other people have had issues? Am I likely to get the same problem again when I get the replacement?

TIA,

Kev

Kev, under the Sale of Goods Act, your retailer is responsible for dealing with the problem, not the importer. this is often the attitude taken by shops who quite blatantly ask you to return the item to the makers, when all the time responsibility for dealing with it lies with them. It sounds as if your scope is still within the warranty period, in which case your outlet should send you a replacement by return or at least upon receipt of the faulty one, hope you get it sorted soon :(

John.

Kev, under the Sale of Goods Act, your retailer is responsible for dealing with the problem, not the importer. this is often the attitude taken by shops who quite blatantly ask you to return the item to the makers, when all the time responsibility for dealing with it lies with them. It sounds as if your scope is still within the warranty period, in which case your outlet should send you a replacement by return or at least upon receipt of the faulty one, hope you get it sorted soon :(

John.

Yeah I was a little offput by that. I think their point is that they don't stock components they just ship the whole box-o-stuff (actually in this case the importer shipped it directly to me as the retailer was out of stock) so it would take longer for them to receive it from me and forward it on for a replacement which they then had to forward back to me.

But I am a little worried by, eg, who's gonna pay my postage costs? They gave me the address for the importer and a copy of my invoice but I think I'll phone them (the importer) first and check if they're happy to deal directly with me...

On the one hand it's more hassle for me this way, on the other hand my scope will be unusable without it so I don't want it to take too long! :(

Archived