Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skyliner 250px synscan query

skywatcher250

Si, I'd skip the Baader zoom till later on, get a good 5mm, it really does make Saturn look ... cosmic.

I bought a Baader 5mm a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd boo booed at first, its pretty near the scopes limits . But last night with good seeing and the scope well cooled Saturn blew me pants off!

Some might say that its stupid spending loads of money on an EP that doesn't get much use! But its the one that has the hardest job to do in my opinion!

Just my thoughts, still a newbie :(

Sent from my HD2Droid

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
really ? i thought the 5 wouldn't work - did it appear large ? i think id still get that zoom, but maybe the 5 in that case as well - have u barlowed it down to 2.5 haha ?

I think that really would be pushing it!

Large is subjective ... but I was happy

Sent from my HD2Droid

i think id still get that zoom, but maybe the 5 in that case as well - have u barlowed it down to 2.5 haha ?

I"m currently awaiting delivery of the baader zoom barlow! I'll let you know how it performs!

The zoom eyepiece itself is great imo. I don't use any other eyepiece!

looking good !

ive packed mine up now ready to go back to FLO - v annoying really - but ive got a lot more observing ahead of me so i guess i can wait another week.

whats the brightest object in the sky outside our solar system ?

looking good !

ive packed mine up now ready to go back to FLO - v annoying really - but ive got a lot more observing ahead of me so i guess i can wait another week.

It's Sirius isn't it?? I could be wrong and no idea what it's magnitude is and too lazy to google it in my lunch break :(

haha - sorry let me rephrase that as i totally asked the wrong question !!!!

what i meant to ask was, aside from stars which celestrial body or group of bodies - ie a very funky messier object would look the brightest etc

hahaha, wasting my valuable lunch break giving the wrong answer to your badly phrased questions. DOH!!

I have an excel spreadsheet I downloaded from somewhere that lists all the messiers - I'm sure it lists the magnitude. I'll check this evening and if it does I'll post the link :(

looking good !

My thoughts will be with you today ... enjoy your last few hours with your scope and look forward to the new dent free one next week :(

Sent from my HD2Droid

Anything will be better than what I had

Can't argue with that ...

Have a go with it this time, before you uncollimate it!

At least them you can see if your efforts make it worse or better :hello2:

Sent from my HD2Droid

Archived