Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Birds galore put not plants!

Quatermass

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An Atik 460ex monochrome... and I am very excited.... You can expect 4 months of cloud when it arrives.

Also it'll probably take me 6 months to work out how to use it : (

yes wow indeed badger that is an awesome ccd your getting there mate I am very jealous we will expect some amazing images from you now no mercy shown :(

WOW! That's quite some camera! :( It'll probably take me a year to save up for the 314L+ let alone that one. That should be really good and hopefully give you some really good results :) Lucky devil :( Good luck with it :(

Cack! no... would love to. Will be in Aldeburgh for a couple of days, but travelling up on the morning of the transit.

Convincing the wife to leave at 3:00am instead of 10:00am might not go down well.

Very exciting, hope you guys get clear skies, you should be well placed to catch it.

Oh yes! Thought we might just get a clear night here as the cumulo-nimbus clouds disappeared but they've been replaced by high level cirrus :(

Think we're in for several days of cloud. Still, any imaging at this time of year means a very late night <yawn> I'll just go on slowly and quietly making up bits for my camera. If/when we do look like getting a pretty much guaranteed clear night I can run both Peltier TECs off 5v to cut the cooling down if I haven't finished the control circuit.

Well Friday night is looking like it might be ok so if it is clear I will be heading off for another go at the Trifid nebula and also the Lagoon Nebula if I have time. Sagittarius is an amazing part of the Southern sky full of clusters and nebula to look at and the Lagoon nebula is really bright and clear in my binoculars when its gone 2am. Mind you with all those ghost stories going on in the lounge I might get a little freaked out if there is any badgers around.

Archived