Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Crescent

Quatermass

I really need to get my guiding system sorted out again for stuff like this also tried the Veil nebula but short subs just wont get me enough detail. This was a stack of 100 80 second subs from last night, seeing was great so thought I would give it a try. Tonight my mission is to go for the Triffid Nebula but that means a trip in the car as its so low and the trees are in the way.:(

Crescent%2520Nebula%2520master%2520image%2520copy_filtered.jpg

Thanks Gina I really need much longer subs for nebula like this one, hoping the triffid will be able to cope with short subs as well as I can only take my battery pack for the dual axis kit if I leave my power supply at home.

That's impressive QM. Well done! Also liked your bubble one.

Come on, give it a go with a few 5' - 10' guided subs. I'm looking forward to seeing what our kit can do. Not for me today, though. It's too windy down here in London.

My camera is in bits so any imaging will have to wait until it's fixed (assuming I can fix it) :( Meanwhile, in addition to fixing my camera, I'm sorting out my astro image collection and doing some reprocessing. Results posted as I get them :)

That's impressive QM. Well done! Also liked your bubble one.

Come on, give it a go with a few 5' - 10' guided subs. I'm looking forward to seeing what our kit can do. Not for me today, though. It's too windy down here in London.

Cheers Pix I cant guide till I have modded my hand control unit again after my other one burned out. A bit scared to do it cant afford another one but will have a go this weekend if Im feeling brave :(

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

My camera is in bits so any imaging will have to wait until it's fixed (assuming I can fix it) :( Meanwhile, in addition to fixing my camera, I'm sorting out my astro image collection and doing some reprocessing. Results posted as I get them :)

Sounds like we all need a big lottery win this week :)

Cheers Pix I cant guide till I have modded my hand control unit again after my other one burned out. A bit scared to do it cant afford another one but will have a go this weekend if Im feeling brave :(

I know how you feel. I've been there too!

Cheers Spikey, no it sure wasnt 100 subs and only just got enough to pull it up a bit of for a proper mount and a nice pricey ccd camera sigh.. one day.

All set for my trip out tonight to image the trifid nebula hopefully that wont be so hard to capture hoping it will be on a par with the iris nebula and the bubble. I will be driving out of town by myself and setting up by a creepy woods 4 miles away in order to get a good south view but plan to sit in the car while the camera snaps away for an hour should be back home gone 3am sometime, I must be mad.

Archived