Outside cover

I'm preparing a semi-permanent site outside and would be interested in people's ideas about weatherproof covering as my scope is not easily dismantled and re-assembled (Not impossible, just not easy). I suppose a big plastic bag would be OK, but would prefer something a bit more substantial. In time I'll make something more permanent, but I can't wait that long.

Thanks, Jason.

For a couple of nights at a time I use a scope cover from green witch : very substantial.

For longer periods however, you may want to consider a small shed type construction with some rollers on the base of it?

I'd go for a breathable cover rather than a HD plastic type, which may cause condensation problems.

Make sure various parts of the mount(inside the drive housing, screws, weight shaft etc) are kept well 'slushed', as the Russians say.

Took years before folk realised that it just means wiped down with a vaseline covered rag!!

Thanks for replies. I might go for the Green Witch. I may have to take the counter weight off to get it to fit. I'm also looking at barbecue covers, some of those look OK

(Love the Tardis. Don't think I'd get away with it:D)

I bought one of these a couple of months ago to store my 8SE in (outside for most of the year...........depending on weather). I have also bought a few reusable sillica gel packs to put inside the storage area of the seat with my scope. It is 100% water proof but has slots to allow air to circulate. I can cover those if needed).

I have not actually put the scope inside it yet. The scope will be inside the chair in the original boxes it came in and the styrofoam insets also. It is also lockable.................but thats just a gimmick because a child could even bash it and remove the padlock machanism on the bench.

post-18019-133877779344_thumb.jpg

Archived