Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bubble Nebula

JohnC64

At long last , I managed to get a nights imaging!!! A combination of lousy weather, work and social commitments meant that I havn't been out since April.

This image is a quick stack of 15x 5min subs(no darks or flats) and I've probably pushed it a bit too hard. Stacked and processed in Nebulosity and a quick tweek in Gimp.

Took a few images of the Crescent nebula too but it was starting to get light so called it a day. Might stack them up later and see how it turns out.

Cheers for looking

John

post-24829-133877779174_thumb.jpg

it's great to get a good result after a long break. Looks pretty good to me, may be a little highlight clipping. Some darks and flats could be done later if the setup hasn't been disturbed, might give a little more.

Cheers all. It was a struggle to remember what to do! I do need to give this run a bit of a more considered processing along with some "Fridge Darks" and flats over the weekend.

John

Nice one John glad you were able to get out and get some imaging done I was going nuts not being able to get out. Your bubble came our really well if you post up the .tiff file I would like to have a go at it as well really like the bubble nebula its so cool.

Hi QM,

This is the raw stack as it comes out of Nebulosity before any processing. You may need to align the rgb to remove the redish background before stretching

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49530954/bubble_stacked.tif

Should be there is 40 mins or so

I have a stack of 4x5min subs on crescent too if ya fancy a go at that one too.

Cheers John

Cheers John I will get to work on this one on Sunday bit zonked out today having stayed up last night till 3am. I found a wonderful dark site just about a mile away on the back roads sheltered from the wind and tucked in away from any one. Got really excited as I thought I was imaging the trifid nebula but found out this morning that I had been imaging the Eagle nebula the Swan Nebula and the Wild duck cluster! 3 species of bird in one night and not a plant in sight lol

But this part of the sky is amazing you can see the swan and eagle with a pair of binoculars its so dark there so cant wait to go back again tonight and have a another go. At least I have sussed out where to look for the trifid this time.

Archived