Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Prinz astral 500

dav1d

There's one in my local auction house which is up in about an hour. I'm out and about & with limited internet capability. So... are they any good and what are they worth? Any help especially of the speedy kind would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

really depends on the condition, i would say a max price of £70 if perfect with all bits and pieces but closer to £40 for the average, but quite nice scopes, good for lunar work and a bit of planetary, mount tends to wobble a fair bit, being the 500 it will be an EQ mount, the 400 had an alt az

Looks like an AltAz with slow controls, a wooden tripod + a bag full if eyepieces. I'm after it for the wife as an upgrade for her powerseeker 50AZ. I just want to make sure it will actually be an upgrade + not a lemon...

Hah! Just missed the 400 which went on eBay for £7. Gutted.

They are like buses none for a while then a few turn up, if you are going to get one, look for circle T optics, rather than circle K, it should prove better than the 50mm your wife has

also one thin to watch, a lot of them will only take .0965 eyepiece`s, but you can get a hybrid diagonal that allows you to use 1.25 eyepiece`s

Archived