Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Red Dot Finder

Naemeth

So it turns out, as I predicted, that my finder was out (by about 6 inches in the sky :)), so I started work, and 15-20 minutes later after reading the manual, things are looking very much more aligned...

There is a lesson here, look at the manual (also, great time for cloudy weather too, it's easy enough to focus on the antenna of the house over the road.

Hopefully, this should make finding DSOs and Planets much easier, rather than up a bit, left a bit, right a bit etc..

Let this be a lesson to all of you :):D.

I struggled with my red dot finder, when I first had it. Could I see the red dot!! Until I walked around the front of the telescope only to see the red dot in the glass..... Doh!!! I'd mounted it the wrong way around :).

We all should read the instructions not once but probably twice but the excitement generated by the door bell ringing, then the arrival of big brown boxes and polystyrene and the oh so careful packaging of boxes within boxes does make us all act like little kids on Christmas day - reading instructions come a long way down the list! :):D:D

James

Archived