Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

From the subliminal: Quick first light on the William Optics ZS110............

Whippy

I know what you're saying Martin, but would it be any cheaper if it didn't have the classy paint job? I reckon it's marginal, a few quid tops? The package deal with the RDF, rings and diagonal saves a few quid as I was looking into getting another set of rings but they're £160 a pair!! :shock: I'll wait on that one methinks... IMO the scopes are fairly good value for money, especially on the package deals but the accessories on their own are stupidly expensive. When the SW equinox range is fully out (I believe they've got 100mm and 120mm versions coming?), it'll be interesting to see how much they dent the WO doublet sales as in theory, there should'nt be a huge difference features even down to the classy paint jobs :D.

Another odd thing was while I was looking around and soaking up as much info as I could before I made a decision, I joined the Vixen and Burgess Optical Yahoo user groups. A few days later I got an invite to join the WO group which says to me that they're quite aggressive in their 'advertising'. It slightly put me off as they don't really need to do it, I'd rather find out myself y'know? Let moses come to the mountain rather than the other way around.

Still, I'm dead chuffed with it and I'm starting to get the necessary adapters so I can get into basic imaging with my digicam and if everything goes to plan, an EQ6 and DSLR next year once I've got the basics down and squeezed everything I can out of what I've got now. We'll see what happens :).

Tony..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony

I have to say that it is a beautiful scope. I love my little WO 66, the engineering is top class, everything about it is well made and it performs far better than you would initially imagine.

It is not a flash one, just black with silver focus-er knobs, but it is incredibly beautiful. My other scopes do the jobs they are intended for very well, especially my SW200, but WO give their scope an extra dimension. Not only are the little works of the engineers art, but they perform exceptionally well too. It sound like I am a raving loon, but it is an absolute pleasure to use the thing and it has become one of my most prized possessions. (Until I retire and buy a Cape Newise like Karlo's or even a Tak!!!!)

JV

JV, Never mind Daz he's just OLD...... :(

>sigh< How true :(

I think he was one of those types who had roller skates!!!!!

Nope, nor a skate board. I was deprived (NO! Not depraved!!!!)

I can just picture him in a pair of hot pants... :( :(

Jeeze i am now mentally scarred :D

Serves you blumming right!!!!

:)

You should have seen Darren (stargazer1980) drooling over my Megrez 90 on Saturday (well, it was wet, so we didn't get to use anything, so looks were important :)). I think he is now thinking of a family of WO scopes... :D

Helen

You should have seen Darren (stargazer1980) drooling over my Megrez 90 on Saturday (well, it was wet, so we didn't get to use anything, so looks were important :)). I think he is now thinking of a family of WO scopes... :D

Helen

I dread to think what he thinks when he sees this a Kelling.....

Tony..

Archived