Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M100 A dim view indeed.

Jessun

BUT, I'm not going to complain, as I know a lot of us see mostly clouds these days... I had two half decent nights and fired away at M100.

I can catch it quite late as it passes the roof top and I followed it down to about 20° alt on these two nights...

The image has 6.5 hours worth of 10 min subs. A shocking amount for so little I know - but I still won't complain.

7226698822_53b50e847d_b.jpg

Yeah Mark, that's right. The yellow doesn't bother me - I just balance it back in Astroart before I move on to PI or PS, this one was PS only with HLVG and GradientXterminator plugin at the ready.

I just put a sub up here for fun and I have seen others struggle with even worse LP.

Thanks Gina too!

Jesper,

I can't also get much from this camera. Shooting for 10 hours to get something to post at f/7.

I tried this galaxy with Canon and similar scope - was not much to show http://astrobin.com/6264/.

Bit with mono camera it's really makes a difference.

http://astrobin.com/8264/?r=1385

Perhaps you could add another 6 hours. I thought M25C would be more sensitive.

Mark

The M25 is my first camera after using a DSLR for a while - so I have nothing to compare to. I think that it is much more cabable than what I bring out.

Mono is a real treat I'm sure, but it's a big investment with all the extas - and I guess a whole new game at editing. I need to learn to crawl first haha!

Here's the only comparison I have on the M25. The yellow is a 10 min sub from home in LP, the Green is a 5 minute sub from Les Granges in full Moon. Target on these is M101 btw.

I have not been lucky enough to use this camera under dark skies, but I hope that it will raise the bar a notch when I do.

My editing needs a good few notches too... :)

post-28991-133877776289_thumb.jpg

Its good to be able to get out there at all with the amount of cloudy nights we have had lately. The next clear night I get I am going to stay out there all night long such has been the frustration at not having a good night for weeks and weeks now.

Archived