Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Altrincham Astro Society

Asur84

Just a lonng shot (but judging by sheer numbers on here maybe not) I was wondering if there are members of the Altrincham astro society on here. I only ask as I am thinking of going along with a view to joining but after hearing some of the stories from people I want to make sure I'm not wasting my, or their, time.

Jonathon.

Hi jonathan

Im from Altrincham but have never attended the society.

When you say stories do you mean generally or altrincham.

Starpartys are great way to meet likeminded folk,i attended my first at kielder starcamp last october and loved it.

Do you know what gear they have,couldnt see on website.

I mean stories in general about unwelcoming atmospheres etc.

I would like to go to a starparty some time, but its hard to find the time with working all hours.

I'm not sure what equipment they have I haven't been able to find out either.

Jonathon.

With out sounding rude. And I'm sorry A.D.A.S

You are quite right about the unwelcoming atmosphere! I was a member for five years. But the society stated to fall off, membership wise. And there was zero activity star-gazing wise.

I didn't find them at all friendly.

I left two years ago to re-join my local society here in Macclesfield.

If you want to join a local society. I can recommend Macclesfield Astronomical Society.

We are very friendly, and. We hold three monthly meetings. Plus local society observing sessions.

See http://www.imagepalette.com/_mas/ for more details.

I'm unable to travel that far at the minute (due to the inconvenience of no driving licence) however II do intend to rectif that in a few months and would love to come down and have a look around if that would be ok.

I live in the area and likewise have never bothered to go. The website never seemed to get updated and as a window on their activities is didn't encourage joining. However after seeing this post I have just had a look and it seems now to be current with a programme of events so maybe worth a visit.

Anyone on here who can cast a vote "for" ?

Archived