Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First M101

bigal1

Hi all thought i'd post my results from lastnight ( managed to get out again :) ) Still testing and getting to grips with my new 70mm scope but this time my processing was better than my last attempts . I checked Stellarium and thought M101 would be good as i have not got a picture of it yet and it had quite a high mag but was suprised at just how dim the overall brightness was and with my small scope and such short subs it turned out not to be the best choice afterall lol . Subs for the final image were 58 @ 1 min exposure iso 800 using my IKI 70mm ED mounted on a CG-4 with motors installed , i planned to take a good 3 hours worth of subs on this target but the darn clouds came over after an hour so had to make the best of what i got .

Regards Alan

post-18835-133877773825_thumb.jpg

I collected some more M101 subs last night - until the guiding failed. Running DSS on it now but remains to be seen if it's any better. I'm not holding my breath! Probably try something easier next chance of imaging.

Archived