Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light 150p Skyliner

CFC

Finally got the finderscope aligned, so time to give it a proper trial while OH was hogging the Nexstar :)

Amazed to find it didn't need collimating considering it had been banged around during delivery. That's one resilient scope!

Nice view of Saturn with the 25ml, changed to 10ml, spotted a couple of moons, I think was Encel. and Titan.

I was surprised at how fast Saturn whizzed through the eyepiece. I was also surprised that I could sit on a handy garden chair and be at the right height for the eyepiece. Comfort!

Then after only an hour the Cloud Fairies noticed that I was having a good evening and brought their chariots in very speedily and thickly - so we packed up for the evening.

Thanks chaps.

I don't hate the dob anymore now - in fact I'd say I'm friends with it.

I put my hand in the business end to move it about, that makes it an awful lot easier, just hope it doesn't do any damage, but I can't see it would.

Archived