NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

W/C 7th May

swamp thing

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi as it's been a few weeks since I've been on here.

The only clear night I've seen in the last 3/4 weeks was Thurs 26th when we were staying down in Sussex.....with no scope. :clouds2:

Hope it changes soon and maybe get to meet up at RC - I've got a couple of people interested in coming along to see what it's all about.

Motor,s been in the garage today. They confirmed its my worst fear......transmission.;)

Won't be out for at least a week now.:(

Even better it's going to eat into my scope fund.:rolleyes::icon_scratch:

Now I'm really mad with it.:headbang:

Rant over hope you all have a chance to get out.:clouds2:

Sorry to hear that Steve. I guess it answers my question - I was going to ask if you were out at Bignor this weekend just gone? Skies were well clear from my dob deck. Been captivated with Saturn and The Great Ring Nebula in Lyra.

Hope the wagon fixes up soon!

tb

sorry to hear about motor, hope it gets fixed soon at reasonable cost.

had motor issue myself - someone went into back of me last thu - luckily minor damage though. doesnt half shake u up when stationary!!

Even more depressing tho was my light shield broke last night - on clearest night in ages!!! :) wood was a bit old so wasnt surprised, just need trip down to B&Q/Homebase for new 12ft poles.....not sure how going to get them in car though!!

Hooray! I'm mobile again.:headbang:

It wasn't as bad as they initially thought. Wallet sufficiently lightened but not empty.;)

It won't effect the scope build as much as I worried.:):hello2:

Thanks all for the kind words.:)

Now let's hope these clouds disappear and we can get some astronomy done.:)

That's more like it, not often a trip to the garage results in less work and cash than initially feared!

As for the clouds, the MET are somehow forecasting clear skies for later tonight but looking out the window and on sat24 surely not a chance.

It's been that bad I put the new scope on the mount to align the finder just as an excuse to get it out of the case. Really need to check the optics out on it and give it first light.....

Archived