Laser collimator

I would be a bit wary of this, laser colimators, themselves need to be collimated and this one strikes me as potentially not being very good. You might be better off looking at a Chesire collimators for that sort of price.

Just got this one off ebay - arrived today.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

It certainly needed collimating itself before use as it was way out. It was good service with next day delivery. It took much longer to set the laser correctly (I hope it is now correct!) than it did to adjust the scopes and I will have to see with a star check later if it has worked.

Just got this one off ebay - arrived today.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

It certainly needed collimating itself before use as it was way out. It was good service with next day delivery. It took much longer to set the laser correctly (I hope it is now correct!) than it did to adjust the scopes and I will have to see with a star check later if it has worked.

This is the one mentioned by Tribal-Wolf

Cheers. Where and when can I try it?

Pop around, to collect - just let me know when. We're in most of the time. No probs for you to use for a couple of weeks.

I'll PM you my address.

Just remember, advice that comes with it - is useless !! lol

How would you know if the laser is collimated or not?

The simplest method is to hold on a level surface, firmly, and rotate. If you point at a wall about 6ft away you should see a dot as you rotate. If its out if collimating, the laser will scribe an arc in the wall. Hope that makes sense.

I made a little rig with two pieces of wood thw same size with a 'V' vut in to rest the collimator into then put teflon tape into the 'V' bit so the collimator turned smoothly. When you turn it there should be no movement in the spot the laser makes on your target, the target 'wall' has to be over a certain distance away but I can't remember what it is now. I tested mine against a HoTech collimator and it was near enough the same other than the beam size was slightly different.

Checked my efforts with a star test last night and am very happy with the £23 collimator. :hello2: Glad I decided on the cheap one as I didn't have to make adjustments to either scope after using it. As I said in my earlier post though, I did have to collimate the laser first as it was quite a way out initially.

I have an Antares laser and I always use it inserted in the Barlow. Its perfectly collimated but even if it wasn't its irrelevant using this technique. I find it a very accurate way to collimate the primary.

Archived