Hello everyone.

Paulus17

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Viv,thank you for the welcome to SGL:)

I thought someone might recognise those piccys on here,haven't had much chance since to take any more:(

By the way i did join AC forum but it's a bit quiet on there??

No chance of that here Paul !!

Ton & tons of great info / advice here - get reading & enjoy !!

We'll be outside soon enough ............

You're telling me Viv,i don't know where to look:)

I think i will just stick to taking landscaped star photos for now and concentrate on a telescope a little later on as at the moment my ickle brain can't take it all in,didn't realise there was so much involved :hello2::icon_scratch::)

Hi Paul welcome to the forum lots of help to be found on here for you if your wanting to get into imaging your in the right place came here in 2010 and have had so much help and incouragement from everyone you will love it and learn loads.

Thank you both Marks :hello2:

Mark Q when you say imaging i take it that is taking images using a telescope with a camera attached??

If it is then yes eventually i would like to do that,but for now i will just be taking landscaped images of the night sky,and using my bins for now.

But it also seems that PP-ing the images is another learning curve:icon_scratch:

Welcome Paulus. Not sure if you have these but I've found Stellarium really useful and free! Also the book Turn Left at Orion. Enjoy

Thank you for the welcome CD:)

Yes i do have Stellarium it was one of the first things i downloaded,and look on there ech night to see what i am missing:(

Are there any easy to follow tutorials on how to use it?

Are there any easy to follow tutorials on how to use it?

None that I know of, just have a mess & see what the different settings do.

Of course - shout for any questions.

Alright Rory,it's good to be here with so much help and info:)

Thanks CD and Viv.

I just use Stel as a ref to what i can expect to see when i go out in the garden,but have read that you find out where satelites and meteors etc are due to show :hello2:

Archived