Meade lx80

Well as a few of you know, I was ordering my new scope and mount this morning...not being too sure about altz or eq UNTIL I saw the meade lx80 last night.

I am ringing Harrison Telescopes today to see how long I may have to wait for this mount. They are actually doing the mount with a 10" meade ota for £1999.99. Good price for what you are getting I think but its whether to stick with the c11 which = about 400 quid more!!! (any thoughts on this ???).......

I was buying my stuff from First Light but I needed quite a bit explaining and just could not get them to ring me. So Harrisons have been very helpfull , easy to get hold of and are price matching. they also gave me a 2 day delivery on the c 11 and neq6........ so sorry First light !!!!!!

I was buying my stuff from First Light but I needed quite a bit explaining and just could not get them to ring me. So Harrisons have been very helpfull , easy to get hold of and are price matching. they also gave me a 2 day delivery on the c 11 and neq6........ so sorry First light !!!!!!

That's okay, you're forgiven :(

I am confused though, if you are who I think you are then you contacted us only once on April 9th 2.46pm asking us to price-match a foreign dealer on a NEQ6/120ED. Martin responded April 10th 1.40pm saying we don't match dealers outside of the UK. I can't find any other emails from you.

Anyhow, Ed Harrsion at Harrison Telescopes is one of the good guys so you are in safe hands. And if you choose to buy the Meade outfit over the Skywatcher or Celestron then I recommend you buy it 'only' from Harrisons or Telescope House. Telescope House is the retail arm for BC&F (Meade's UK importer) and Ed used to be the manager at Telescope House so has a lot of experience with Meade.

Here at FLO we have decided to let TH and Harrisons test the water with the new Meade products before we stock or promote them.

Hope that helps,

Steve

That's okay, you're forgiven :(

I am confused though, if you are who I think you are then you contacted us only once on April 9th 2.46pm asking us to price-match a foreign dealer on a NEQ6/120ED. Martin responded April 10th 1.40pm saying we don't match dealers outside of the UK. I can't find any other emails from you.

Anyhow, Ed Harrsion at Harrison Telescopes is one of the good guys so you are in safe hands. And if you choose to buy the Meade outfit over the Skywatcher or Celestron then I recommend you buy it 'only' from Harrisons or Telescope House. Telescope House is the retail arm for BC&F (Meade's UK importer) and Ed used to be the manager at Telescope House so has a lot of experience with Meade.

Here at FLO we have decided to let TH and Harrisons test the water with the new Meade products before we stock or promote them.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Steve, Thanks for the response.

I appreciate your honesty and I am glad you have put Harrisons high up an your scale of good traders. I have bought my eps and phillips cam etc of you and had a very GOOD service. all I was saying is that I did email you to ask If I could have a phone call because for us NEWBIES its hard to put something on an email that you dont understand and easier to talk on the telephone especially when you are trying to get the RIGHT set up and spending £2500.00 to do so.

Hope you understand,

Regards

Andy

I do understand but would you mind PMing me your email ticket number please because we don't have any trace of an email from you requesting a call. It might be that I need to check our spam filter.

Hi Gaze Away, sounds like a formidable scope to me, are you doing visual or AP?

Hi,

More visual to start and then hopefully into some Astro after I have saved up some more money !!!!!

The meade lx80 (if this ends up to be a good mount) should tick all the boxes for me.

Thanks

Andy

I do understand but would you mind PMing me your email ticket number please because we don't have any trace of an email from you requesting a call. It might be that I need to check our spam filter.

Hi,

sorry I use my business account to e mail and my secretary keeps it very clear so I cannot find any emails now from you or from me.

But as I said I do appreciate your response and was in no way trying to condone your business. As said before I have always had a good service from you. Just on this occasion I really needed some verbal advice....I take it that If you had received my email, you would have been happy to ring?

Thanks

Hi,

sorry I use my business account to e mail and my secretary keeps it very clear so I cannot find any emails now from you or from me.

... okay.

Anyhow, for the record, if someone were to email us requesting a telephone call then either Martin or I would phone. This has always been the case :(

Meade Germany is quoting the LX80 as being available as of the 13th June so I'd imagine it wouldn't be much different in the UK.

As it's a brand new unproven mount many are waiting to see if it works as advertised before parting with their cash. However as it's just started shipping in the US CN should have reviews of it fairly soon.

John

Archived