Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ok, I give up.....

New toys arrived today :(!

One thing that puzzles me though, where do you put a finder on a WO scope? I've got a lovely Baader Skysurfer V to go on my even lovlier scope but I'm stumped as to where it's it supposed to be mounted, and with what bracket if I'm being honest!

If anyone has got any ideas other than sticking it on with double sided pads, then I'm all ears :).

tony..

Tony

On my WO66 there is a 5mm screw in the body of the scope.

The idea is you remove that and use the hole to fasten a finder down.

Don't know what bases you have for your Baader but there's a good chance

you'll get one to fit...

Just look carefully at the scope body forward of the focuser and you will see the screw

HTH :(

I have exactly the same problem. I was led to believe that you have to get a WO Red dot finder as its the only one that fits. Let me know how you get on as I may buy the same model as you if you can get it to fit :(

Phil,

The actual body of the scope is flawless, no screw or screwholes there at all. There is however, three 'sunk' grub screws around the front end of the focuser unit and you can put screws in there but they're right at the end of that part of the scope before it flares out into the main body of the scope. Looking at pictures of WO's RDF, it seems to come off the scope at a 'jaunty' angle near the focuser.hm...

Tony..

Hi guys.

The WO has a place to fit a finder on the side of the focuser "See pic"

image.jpg

There is a screw just to the left of the focuser rotating knob.

The bottom scope shows where the finder can go.

The top scope shws the screw hole

On the Megrez the shoe for the RDF is fitted to the 'L' bracket that comes attached to the scope. The WO RDF comes with the required screw and Allen key and can be attached to the 'L' bracket using either of two positioning holes. There is a third hole in the centre of the shoe but if this is used the shoe will obstruct access to the screw securing the 'L' bracket to the scope.

Alternatively a grub scew can be removed from the focuser on the OT and the curved base of shoe allows it to fit in this position with the smaller screw that is also provided. I am assuming the the same will apply to the 66.

CW

Ooops! <smacks head>

Tony, the second package winging its way to you has the 2" diagonal, CNC tube-rings and WO finder scope (as shown in Jamies pic).

You needn't have bought the Baader Skysurfer V. I should have noticed when I processed your order :oops:

Feel free to return the Skysurfer for a refund (I'll also refund postage).

Are you actually telling me you bought this:* ???

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/proddetail.php?prod=WOzenithstar110

:shock: :( :notworthy:

lucky bar steward!

* it was the only one that includes a finderscope that I could see

Ooops! <smacks head>

Tony, the second package winging its way to you has the 2" diagonal, CNC tube-rings and WO finder scope (as shown in Jamies pic).

You needn't have bought the Baader Skysurfer V. I should have noticed when I processed your order :oops:

Feel free to return the Skysurfer for a refund (I'll also refund postage).

YOU da man! Admits his mistakes and will happily correct them at any expense

:wav: :hello1:

Andrew

Ah, so in my pic that would be the upper one nearest to the lock screw for the focuser rotation, not the 'sunken' one. I'm assuming you take that out so you can put your RDF on...

Ta muchly amigo.

:( That's what they all say!

Andrew

No, really it is! That was the last of the money from selling my record collection. But it's a hell of a thing to replace it :)....

Tony..

Archived