Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EP Upgrade - Advice please

Having read on the forums here about the relative weakness of the 10mm EP and Barlow lens that came with my SW Explorer 200p, I am now ready to make the first step in upgrading my EP collection. I would like to start with an 8mm plossl and a higher quality Barlow. I would also like a set of planetary filters too. I am hoping to get this for under £100, so my question is can I expect good quality on a budget of this size, and if so, are there any particular makes I should be looking at?

Many thanks

GSO, Meade and Vixen make good quality plossl eyepieces for around £30. The TAL x2 Barlow seems very good for the price too. I'm not sure about filters, but I'm sure someone else will help you out there...

Hi Yimini. I ordered the Tal x2 barlow and a vixen npl 15mm EP. In the brief periods when I have been able to use them, I have been impressed, especially given the lowish cost of them. Like you tho, I am intrigued by filters, especially for moon and planet work.

Thanks for everyones advice.

The Tal x 2 barlow seems to be universally popular.

lhucison, I see in your signature that you have a x-cel LX 7mm, is this what you meant in your message as I am unable to find a x-cel LV 7mm?

Archived