Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Collimating?

Hi guys, I have just got my telescope up and running. I have looked at loads of websites for help with collimation, but I'm still struggling. I have a collimating cheshire tool. But I don't know what im looking for could you please help get me started.

thanks

Astro Babys Guide to Collimation

That is by far the best guide for collimation (little tips like the paper in the tube are brilliant). Take your time to read right through it, even if it doesn't all quite make sense, and then go back and do it step by step with the scope infront of you.

It's far simpler than you think it is, so don't overthink it.

It'l probably take an hour or so the first time, but by the end of it, you'l know your scope inside and out, and it's a great feeling.

Thanks guys, When collimating does the crosshair from the cheshire need to be in the middle of the circle?

After you have checked the Secondary Mirror is aligned to the Focus Tube and the Primary Mirror clips are Aligned, then use the 3 screws at the front of the Secondary Mirror to align the cross hairs with the paper circle in the centre of the Primary Mirror.

Archived