Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

More New meade LX600 scopes

Meade announced the LX80 and LX800 a while ago, but it's still not available. Is this LX600 just go to be another Meade vapourware.

I thought it would be better to concentrate on the LX80 and 800 before starting development on another new model.

• 3 weeks later...

I pre-ordered a 10" LX600 last Monday and I was just on Meade's new meade4m forum and it seems they have removed the ability to make posts/queries within the LX600 area.

One person did manage to get a post in there regarding the ship date and they responded with "We hope to start shipping LX600s in a month or so". That was posted on 06 May 2012 - 03:11 PM.

It seems that they're playing this one really close to the vest. Has anyone here ordered the LX800 and received it as yet? What about the LX80?

From what I can tell, they've taken the LX800's OTA & modified it to accept the Starlock and put the whole thing on a new wedge and are using the giant tripod they're shipping with the LX200 12" and above. In other words it shouldn't be a big stretch to get this to market as they've already gotten everything tested elswhere except the new x-wedge.

Lots of great things in the sky this year so I hope they don't take too long. I was, at the very least, hoping to get my hands on the manual and (wishful thinking) maybe start programing my new laptop that I purchased just for this scope.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's very very real and very very shiny, having spent a couple of years with a GEM I'm really tempted to start saving those pennies to switch to fork with this setup. Seems like a pretty well speced one stop shop for newbie astrophotographers such as I, less emphasis on balance, no meridian flip, no tube rotation.

The 16" which just sneaks in at the end of the vid is HUGE!

Archived