Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Down to Antares.

cotterless45

Quite pleasantly surprised this morning to follow Rasalgethi down into

Ophiuchus and Serpens Caput down into Libra and beyond.

Yed Prior and Yed Posterior were clear to the eye.Below this was the bright and Scorpius with red Antares. Just managed to get to M20, M12,try for M80, M4 when the claggy cloud of Middle England rolled in. Just managed to get a quick view of the brilliant M57 in Lyra and note Cygnus well up kinda North.

Worth a peek South at 3.30am. Sun started up about 5am. There's shedloads down there, nice. Nick.

Looking forward to Scorpius and Southern Ophiuchus making themselves known. I've not observed anything in that area.

Your in for a treat. I usually start in Aquila and work my way through Scutum down into Sagitarius. Learnt this region off by heart following comet Hale-Bopp a few years back. Lots of intersting stuff to see. I have added various filters to my kit box since last summer so will be a good reason to go back for another look.

Archived