Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

glen oliver custom telescopes

garethmob

im just wondering if any one has had any dealings with him, i tried to send a email but it got bounced back :) as in the log said it was disabled

iv posted a few threads about these scopes but havent asked this before

New Page 2

the scope in question is the custom truss dob

does any one know any one else who does similar scope parts?

Email Sumarian Optics first.

About 2-3 months back someone said that Michael had stopped making either some or all. Wasn't sure if the halt was temporary or not. The site said that he wasn't doing everything, just could make up my mind if it meant all scopes or just some.

Just looked at the site and there is no mention of not making scopes and I did see something when I looked previously.

If he is making them again then I am interested also.

Email Sumarian Optics first.

About 2-3 months back someone said that Michael had stopped making either some or all. Wasn't sure if the halt was temporary or not. The site said that he wasn't doing everything, just could make up my mind if it meant all scopes or just some.

Just looked at the site and there is no mention of not making scopes and I did see something when I looked previously.

If he is making them again then I am interested also.

The member here who bought one certainly had it built and delivered within the last 3 months so i'd say there is no problems @ Sumarian Optics.

But a quick email will do no harm.

I'd be interested in one of these scopes also. Beautiful craftsmanship at a very good price.

*Footnote*

They do offer packages of the skeleton of the scope alone WITHOUT the optics included. You would have to buy these seperate and fit them. Thats just silly, so make sure if you do go for one that it is a package that includes the full optics.

It's basacally a skellinton I'm looking for Paul. I have optics already

Well a shell to just dump the mirrors in. I attempted to cut some wood this morning and let's say it went badly:( so the whole scope really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah okay

Not sure on just buying skeleton scopes.

"Sumerian" certainly do but are not a budget option (very well made mind you). If you have the cash they would be my first choice.

You could maybe try beacon hill scopes they may be able to help you out.

Beacon Hill Telescopes

They supply a lot of parts to the ATM community.

HTH

Regards Steve

Sumerian have halted the production of the lightweight scopes until the summer, when a new standardised design for the lightweight scope will be brought out, similar in ethos to the 10" travel scope - with a full package with rdf and focuser etc. I'm planning on getting a 12" on all going to plan.

Archived