Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron eyepiece set opinions

Ive seen lots of good things written about the revelation eyepiece kit - I ordered one a while ago now but there is a shortage of these (as well as the telescopes!)

This kit:

First Light Optics - Celestron Eyeopener Eyepiece and Filter Kit

Looks much the same - with only the omission of a t ring adapter that the revelation has. Are the eyepieces of similar quality? I see they are different sizes to the revelation kit, but at this early stage as a beginner - im not too fussed about exact sizes, just some variation to get used to different eyepieces.

Any thoughts?

I do not know what eyepieces are in the Revelation set but if you scope is the 127 Mak then the 6mm and 8mm in the Celestron set may never be used. They are too short for the scope.

This would mean you get 3 eyepieces that you can use, not 5.

If the Revelation is the set with the 9mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm and 32mm (FLO) I would go with that as only the 9mm may be too small and I would guess that the extra 1mm would make it usable at times, not often but occasionally feasible.

As said however it depends if your scope is he 127 Mak.

Archived