Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 - First attempt

Slim

So I finally got some clear skies last night and decided to leave my M51 obsession :D

This is 27x60s subs at iso 800 with 10 darks and 30 flats stacked in DSS and then tidied up in PS.

M13PSCS.jpg

Just wanted to check I did the flats right. I brought my scope in last night but did not touch the camera or focus. Took the scope outside this morning stretched a white tshirt over the front of the scope, checked an exposure time by using the AV mode on the camera and then took thirty images at that exposure using APT. Is that an acceptable way to capture flats?

You've made a very good start Slim.

Onward and upwards from here.:D

I thought there was more in than came out so, I tried to bring a bit more out of your image in PS.

Hope you forgive me for trying.

Ron.

post-13213-133877762891_thumb.jpg

Thanks all.

@Barkis, you are right I had more of a play in PS. I was trying to hide the rather nasty gradient from top to bottom. I think my flats aren't up to the task.

M13PSCS1.jpg

Edit: Forgot to include the uncropped version

M13PSCS2.jpg

Archived