NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Winner of FLO + Iseedarkskies Competition

stargazer1980

Well as some of you know, i was the lucky winner of the £50 to spend at FLO as i please!

After much headscratching and searching through FLO's website and with the friendly advice of Steve! I went for the Baader 40mm Super Sky Surfer V!

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/proddetail.php?prod=bskysurferv

To say the least, the build quality of this bit of kit is fantastic! A much more beautiful piece of kit than the standard red dot finder, as seen here that comes as standard on my Celestron 114SLT!

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/proddetail.php?prod=bskysurfer3

At first when i put it together i thought wow this is beautiful and quite large bit of kit, but when i put it on my scope it was like cream to strawberries and wasnt as big as i initially thought! It fitted beatifully and looks the bees knees!

I would also like to add the biggest thanks to steve! Your an inspiration to us all my friend!

Cheers Darren :D

Photos will follow in the next couple of days!

Nice one Darren, enjoy the new addition to your inventory, I am sure it will prove it's worth to you.

It is a great feeling when you win something, and you get to choose what you want. I too appreciate Steve's worth to SGL.

He will get a bit of business from SGL members, but he gets it because he is customer orientated, and is professional in his approach. His help and advice are readily available to anyone. Money doesn't buy those qualities. Anyway, this is not the Steve show, it's good you have made a good choice of kit for yourself. Well done.

Ron. :D

The Skysurfer is a nice upgrade by the look of it, but one point I'd like to make. Could manufacturers build in an automatic switch off after a two or three minutes. You could keep switching it back on whilst lining up, but after that, auto switch off can only be a bonus, as I know I would be forever buying batteries. Or has this baby already got that facility.

Well, laugh if you must, but I think it's a good Idea. :D

Ron. :lol:

Laugh? As if we would Ron....

TBH, I wouldn't know anything because

a) I've never had a RDF before, I was planning on buying the cheapie £15 model but....

:D I though it would be a bit silly putting a cheapo finder on what is surely the sexiest scope in production today.

and finally

c) I haven't got more money than sense, my kids haven't eaten since I ordered it on Monday.

Tony..

EDIT: Actually, I'm waiting for Steve to get in contact and tell me that there's none in the country and will I wait 2 months for one. That's essentially what's happened every time I've tried to order an refractor so far...

Archived