NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Warm Room Advice Please

mert

I'd go with the comfortable office chair too. Make it fabric not leather or similar (much warmer!), and if you have wheels make sure it rolls easily (I've got an IKEA carpet protector sheet) as if you're cold there's a greater risk of pulling something.

Helen

Preferably indirect lighting, so you get the brightness but aren't dazzled by looking at light sources. If you can get an old LCD monitor/TV they have diffusers you can put in front of your lights. That way the source is spread out. Also a good floor covering helps stop the cold rising up during the winter.

I have a mains white bulk light, with red lighting provided by 12" LED strips (£2 off e-bay). I had the space for an office desk and comfy office chair, but with juts 3.5 feet you might be limited to a secretarial type chair ?

I'd go with the comfortable office chair too. Make it fabric not leather or similar (much warmer!), and if you have wheels make sure it rolls easily (I've got an IKEA carpet protector sheet) as if you're cold there's a greater risk of pulling something.

Helen

I'm looking at a bean bag for now. I have some carpet down and the floor is very thick so that should help.

Preferably indirect lighting, so you get the brightness but aren't dazzled by looking at light sources. If you can get an old LCD monitor/TV they have diffusers you can put in front of your lights. That way the source is spread out. Also a good floor covering helps stop the cold rising up during the winter.

Hi, got a carpet down just now, I have a small shelf for my laptop, you can change the colour of the led on the keyboard, so that couple with some Rubylith style red masking film-preserve for night vision.

I have a mains white bulk light, with red lighting provided by 12" LED strips (£2 off e-bay). I had the space for an office desk and comfy office chair, but with juts 3.5 feet you might be limited to a secretarial type chair ?

I think a bean bag is my only hope lol

I have a bench seat built in but it turns into a bed in the manner of caravans, with a little extension piece. This is bliss, bliss, bliss. I can kip between filter changes and focus checks. For a light, a small Ikea desk lamp, a tiny thing.

Olly

I have a bench seat built in but it turns into a bed in the manner of caravans, with a little extension piece. This is bliss, bliss, bliss. I can kip between filter changes and focus checks. For a light, a small Ikea desk lamp, a tiny thing.

Olly

I've been finding I could do with some sort of bed or maybe recliner for long sessions. The office chair is very comfortable for an hour or two but being able to dose for longer sessions would be good. Then I'd also need an alarm of course :D I'm also thinking of a quieter fan heater than the one I'm using ATM. Yes, I like my comfort :(

Archived