Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

W/C 9th April

swamp thing

Apart from the rain and constant cloud, Easter has been good thanks. Hope yours was good too Steve :)

During this period of pants weather, I've been reading up on PHD for guided astro-photography.

Here's hoping for a clear night to try it!

Did you guys go to RC in the end? I couldn't believe how clear it ended up in the end last night (lovely around 10-11pm). Gutted I let a few clouds early on put me off. Just enjoyed some naked eye viewing instead and worked on my star hopping skills

I stayed in the back garden last night and battled with guiding and laptop driven goto software.

A flat laptop battery & crashing software nearly had me thowing in the towel but I think it all went okay in the end with a 2 minute guided image of Castor as a test.

Deep Sky Objects here I come :)

6922381810_55d8e8c1be.jpg

2 minute sub by MrLeebert, on Flickr"]6922381810_55d8e8c1be.jpg

2 minute sub by MrLeebert, on Flickr

Wondered where these great thunder clouds came from.:D

I don't think my shiny new EP and PST case has helped the cloud situation either.

Did'nt realise how long it takes to pick and pluck foam either, proper amateur attempt but still they look a snug fit:)

I don't think my shiny new EP and PST case has helped the cloud situation either.

Did'nt realise how long it takes to pick and pluck foam either, proper amateur attempt but still they look a snug fit:)

:DLol! It sure isn't a five minute job is it.?

me 2 - havent been out in a while - actually last time i think was Roman Villa!!

Went down to devon last week, took binos - was v dark site.....but full moon and clouds most time :)

Oh well - im now thinking of a solar scope!

Archived