NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First light Baader Hyperion 10mm

M4lcs67

Well here it is. My verdict on the Hyperion 10mm. After being bowled over with my 24mm I had high hopes for this new one and it is leagues better than the one that was supplied with my scope (not that difficult really). I got to the point where I found it unusable. Trained the Hyperion on the moon tonight with and without my barlow and it was fantastic. I could almost reach out and touch it. Also grabbed Mars and Saturn and while there was no descernable detail as such I could still see loads more than I have previously.

And I still love that 68 degree fov. Makes locking onto objects that little bit easier.

Viewed Mizar as well and that came out crisp and clear.

I never would have though that using quality eyepieces could transform a telescope, but I certainly realise it now.

Another valuable addition to my ep collection. I may consider one of the ftr at some point. The 14mm one would convert the 10mm Hyperion into an 8.4. Don't know if that would be usable in my 127 SLT though. Will have to look into it as I don't want to get it if all I will see is a blurred image.

One last thing. I may finally stump up the dosh for the anti vibration pads as I feel that the higher the magnification the more the scope is susceptable to vibrations and wobbling (you only have to breathe on it and it is off)...........

The 24mm and 10mm Hyperions are the two EPs that almost exclusively live in my Mak 127. Buying them was almost like getting a brand new scope - they have also contributed to an improved physique due to their voluptuous proportions.

I also love the hyperions...however I have just bought a scientific 82 deg FOV eyepiece so that might make my hyps feel dated!

Mark

sorry to high jack but was this the one of flebay i was bidding on ! :icon_salut:

always wanted a hyperion but wounder how they would preform in a f4?

....always wanted a hyperion but wounder how they would preform in a f4?

Not great I would guess, judging by what I saw at F/4.8. The central part of the field of view would be fine but you are buying a Hyperion for it's wide field of view, amongst other things, and it's going to look "messy" in the outer 40% (estimate) at F/4. Such fast scopes are pretty punishing on eyepieces.

Not great I would guess, judging by what I saw at F/4.8. The central part of the field of view would be fine but you are buying a Hyperion for it's wide field of view, amongst other things, and it's going to look "messy" in the outer 40% (estimate) at F/4. Such fast scopes are pretty punishing on eyepieces.

yup thats what i thought . :D damn now i really do need the green :icon_salut:

Archived