NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone know a good tutorial for taking DSO images?

Csuka

I'm completely new to this and i need a tutorial, I heard that DSO appear in black and white, so how do you get the photos in color? How do you stack the videos? What are flats, blacks and that kind of thing?

Basically I need a tutorial completely walking me through from the beginning, any one know any good ones for a noob like me?

Thanks

Forgot to say i have CS5

Search for a book called Making Photon Counts by Steve Richards.

It will tell you all you need to know.

Funnily it will start with mount rather than anything else...

I've read it, and then decided imaging wasn't for me :-)

I havre just bought this book through FLO and very thorough it is taking you right from the beginnings to the end (though haven't got that far yet!).

I ordered that book yesterday funnily enough. Apparently, not available as an ebook which would have been better for me on my kindle or iPad. I have seen loads of positive reviews on this, so took the plunge and ordered a real old school touchy feely paper based book.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?q4vggp

Would a book like this work on a Kindle? They don't handle pictures very well do they, and the pictures are as informnative as the text?

Would a book like this work on a Kindle? They don't handle pictures very well do they, and the pictures are as informnative as the text?

Well not natively on the Kindle, but on the iPad using the kindle reader app, it should be fine. I have many other books with colour illustrations, and it's fine. In fact, I barely use my actual kindle any more as the iPad makes it so much better (but not as easy on the eyes)

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2mnjpd

Well not natively on the Kindle, but on the iPad using the kindle reader app, it should be fine. I have many other books with colour illustrations, and it's fine. In fact, I barely use my actual kindle any more as the iPad makes it so much better (but not as easy on the eyes)

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2mnjpd

Hey, thanks for that I never knew you could do that - always steered clear of books with images in the past. Oh well, have to get an iPad now!!

I heard that DSO appear in black and white, so how do you get the photos in color?

Fortunately that is a limitation of the human eye and not the camera. Cameras will happily record colour from DSOs.

NigelM

If you want to take a look at my blog it may be helpful to you, I have a collection of tutorial on it and also a detailed record of my journey into astrophotography starting with a mobile phone and a rubber band.

I'm reading your blog now, just looking at Backyard EOS too - does it only work with Canon?

Archived