NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Skysurfer III rdf????????

Just got one of these to replace the rubbish Celestron one that came with my scope, but there are no instructions with it. Maybe the manufacturers assume that you can work it out for yourself with all the different attachments that it is supplied with. Also the little battery is left exposed. It that how it should be????? I would have though that it should be covered to protect it from dew. Has anyone else got one????

Ta.....

Hi, I have a Skysurfer V and the battery compartment seems to be in the knob at the top where you turn the led on, although I haven't accessed it yet. Have you found the adjustment screws for lining up the RDF? They are hidden under screws caps, very odd I must say for a quality RDF!

I've had a Skysurfer III and it is as you describe. Good finder though for £20 I thought - the red dot is more precisely defined than some and the projection lens is larger and better protected from dew than most too.

The Skysurfer V is a completely different design though.

agree with John, it's all as it should be. there's the power dial (the one marked with a graduated line) and two other dials. one controls left right adjustment, the other up/down. I suggest you get them mid range before putting on the scope.

it's a very good and light RDF for the money. the dovetail fits standard synta sized shoes.

Archived