Diference between an EQ5 standard & EQ5 Pro

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the diference between a standard and pro on an eq5?

My mount was advertised as a standard but It included the polar scope within the mount, which makes me think it's a pro????

I only ask as I want to put motors on and they all seem to be for either the pro or standard.

Cheers

Carl

Hmmm, I don't know to be honest. FLO advertise the EQ5 Deluxe as coming without the polarscope, but if you already have one, that's good, right? ;). Like CV says, perhaps the standard EQ5 now comes with the polarscope already built-in.

In any event, you could go for either the single axis drive, dual axis drives or the full Synscan GOTO kit. It's up to you really. If you were thinking of autoguiding then I think you may need the full GOTO kit as that comes with the ST4 guideport. Others will correct me if I'm mistaken on that though.

I think the difference between the Pro and Deluxe is the Pro has Goto and has the polarscope fitted as standard the deluxe doesnt.

When i got mine from FLO (EQ5 deluxe), they said the EQ5 might come with the polarscope already fitted, as I had ordered my polarscope at same time, and I may not require the one I had ordered, which I could return if not needed. Which saved me the cost of the polarscope. ;)

Archived