SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Quick APT question

Johnboy2011

APT can preview RAW files, but it is much slower than previewing JPG file. Also the APT's Image browser will use the JPG version if it exists :(

Usually I use RAW+L. The disk space is cheap and you can always delete the unneeded files when the session is over...

I see the exif temperature displayed in the APT log as the subs/darks are taken, are they also stored somewhere?

Also should I match my darks temp to the exif temp I see displayed or should I be using an external temp source?

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

You can configure to store the temperature as part of the file name. Note that not all models can determine the sensor temperature (in my site you can find which models have this option)

Some time ago I made a research...

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-discussion/126136-dslr-sensor-heating-study.html

As you can see EXIF is quite accurate if you don't actively cool the sensor :icon_salut:

Archived