Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Filters for reducing glare?

SCOOB_81

Hi Folks,

Just a quickie, if anyone could offer some advice filter, please?

I’ve a shiny new 200p and loving it!! :o First light last week was in a very hazy sky (I couldn’t wait), with only the brightest objects peering through. I’d probably say seeing was 5/10. Mars was the easiest target to view, although only at around 50% as bright as good seeing conditions.

What I saw blew me away......

Using a Tal X3 Barlow the image was pin-sharp, easily spotting the darker regions and polar cap. Waiting for a clear night I was like a kid waiting for Christmas! So the hallowed day arrives AND Mars was so bright that the detail was washed out. :blob10: Would someone be able to recommend a filter that will reduce the glare from the brighter objects, please? I have a revelation 82A, but seems to just tint the image blue rather than enhance it. I’m looking for a filter to help with my SPC900, just at the moment it’s a bit too bright for imaging.

Thanks,

Sean.

I agree regarding the Neodymium filter. It reduces glare and still gives a nice natural colour to the objects you are viewing.

Had mine under a week and it is the best filter for Mars by far, plus a range of other objects

Stu

Archived