Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello,

Last night I took 150pics of 15 sec looking like this

img0002assmartobject1.jpg

All together in DSS it looks like this

img0002assmartobject2.jpg

What goes wrong here. I'm confused. I saved the DSS result and put it into CS5 to edit but as soon as I play with it, banding shows up.

Any ideas.

I've been out a few times now and the end results are putting me off.

Star count looks very low on the DSS output, when you see the imput files showing plenty of data.

i would bump the star count in DSS see if that throws up a better result. you have well over 100 stars showing in the input image, so check DSS knows this bumping the star count up

I can't really shed any light on whats causing this, but I my preview of the end result in DSS is always dark!

I also do not have CS5 (I have CS2), for me I have to change the mode on the TIF from 32bit to 16bit. Then I adjust the levels, then play with the curves...

What are you adjusting in photoshop?

Ant

My experience with DSS is that it saves the output as a 16bit TIF (as well as an Autostack.TIF).

When you open PS to manipulate the TIF from DSS, it should detect it's a 16 bit/pixel file. It's not opening it as an 8 bit/pixel file is it?

The file does look dark in PS, but the first thing I do is a histogram stretch to move the white point in (leftwards) to show up the details.

I've never used DSS so can't comment on what has happened but as I see you have CS5 you should have no problem with getting a reasonable result from the original image.

I have CS3 working on a Mac and can pull out quite a bit from the first image............Might need to increase the saturation looking at the result on Forum screen.......:blob10:

post-13495-133877753199_thumb.jpg

Archived