Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Delos 10mm just arrived!

Well, this is my first purchase of one of the "big green and blacks"

I bought it second hand from abs and it arrived in perfect condition, well boxed inside another box. Couldn`t wait to try it so I stuffed it into my 3.5" questar to have a peek at Mars. The first thing I noticed is that it`s a very comfortable ep to use, the big field of view helps to find things quite easily.

The detail this ep shows is very good. I compared it to my TV 11mm plossl just to see if there was much difference and I can say that there isn`t that much in detail between the two, the delos just has the edge, but the big field of view is nice, and seems to make the viewing more relaxing somehow.

Will try it in a 4" fluorite refractor tonight and see how it differs from the small cat.

All in all, the Delos will probably be of benefit most on galaxies and fuzzies because of the extra field of view.

Not too sure I`d pay the full price for one of these tho`time and use will tell.

Bob.

Congratulations Bob :blob10:

I had a look at a 10mm Delos at the SGL7 starparty yesterday and it looked a lovely eyepiece - smaller than I had expected but really nicely made.

I'm looking forward to hearing of your further experiences with it. Often I've found that the true qualities of an eyepiece show over time and after usage on a variety of targets. Gradually you notice that the top quality ones consistently show you that little bit more :o

Time will tell. So far I have only briefly compared it to my Pentax zoom, which is very good for a zoom, and my 11mm TV plossle using the 3.5" questar on Jupiter and Mars. The Delos has the edge I`d say, but not by a lot. however, it is really comfortable to look through. I think that the difference in quality eps can be subtle and any difference in the view will probaly become more apparent with use, and on different objects at different seeing conditions. I know I`ll enjoy using this ep a lot.

bob.

Archived