Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Not sure what I did to poor mars...

Atlas

But when processing, I keep getting a bump on the top left side of the planet. Think I see some clouds near the bottom and the pole up top. Am I seeing things correctly or have I distorted the image too bad? Seeing was poor with the cloud cover, not sure how much of a role that played. This is Registax processing only.

atlas-albums-jupiter-6-mar-2012-picture16397-22-march-006-mars2.jpg

I think you'll find the bump on the left is actually the polar cap. The white top and bottom in you pic are indeed clouds.

What are the stats for this F?, number frames stacked of how many?

I think you'll find the bump on the left is actually the polar cap. The white top and bottom in you pic are indeed clouds.

What are the stats for this F?, number frames stacked of how many?

Not sure on the F/

I was using a Powermate 5x with a 3x barlow stacked on the scope listed in my sig. Stacked 943 frames at 10 fps.

Frame quality was kinda meh. (Seeing wasn't too good.) Should be getting some better ones tonight since it's the weekend and I can stay up when it hits zenith.

Not sure on the F/

I was using a Powermate 5x with a 3x barlow stacked on the scope listed in my sig.

5x, 3x = 15 x 4.7 = F70.5 :)

my maths cold be wrong here as that's HUGE!!!!

I can't work out why mars is small relative to the frame :)

i using a webcam and sharpcap?

Redid the process, looks a little better this time. I may have a camera setting messed up for all I know. I know with my Canon, I don't have a prime magnification unless I add at least a barlow to the lense adapter. I also took this pic without any zoom at all on the camera...I may try a x3 zoom and see if it'll hold detail. (Usually does on 3x.) Anything 5-10x on the zoom I'm trying to avoid.

7e9758a66df839b4415aed8c0a1609a1_16399.jpg?dl=1332542495

Archived