Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

old astral scopes... are they any good?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehe im hoping so, its coming with an adapter for 1.25 and solar filters for both front and mini scope :)

just a question, is it usual to keep its same colour or would i be allowed to change it similar red to what another member did his carlton? :)

hehe im hoping so, its coming with an adapter for 1.25 and solar filters for both front and mini scope :)

just a question, is it usual to keep its same colour or would i be allowed to change it similar red to what another member did his carlton? :)

I would keep it in same original colour, it would retain its true value if you decided to sell it in the future

Interesting mite make my spotting scope from astral into mini solar scope

wish had some that beader film anyone got any spare ?

I've still got a late 1970's PRINZ Astral 400 (my first scope), it's 60x700mm and very nice optically. The wooden tripod and altaz mount are not the most stable but it made a fine solar scope with Baader film. It's boxed up in the attic now I have other - better - scopes available (original packaging).

• 2 weeks later...

Well she came :) and really nice. A few chips in the paint where various accessarys have scratched but very nice. Looked really good on a neighbours wall with 30mm but below 9mm was awful (might be the eyepiece though)

The focuser is funky. Are you supposed to pull it out first and then use rack and pin or other way around. Same for finder a helical focuser. But the Hearst finder if held.

And fits perfectly on the az3 too

Edit: Tapatalk is saying this is a locked thread for some reason:S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived