Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars 21st march with 127 Mak

bm1980

Hi all not been out for a while with the webcam, but glad i did last night as i think got my best mars so far,let me know what you all think, all comments are very welcome

Two images second one has wavelets pushed up more, dont know which is best?

Regards

Ben :)

post-24720-133877751363_thumb.jpg

post-24720-133877751365_thumb.jpg

these are very decent results with 127mak Ben

plenty of detail in there, like them both

what barlow were u using ? how many frames u stack ?

James

Thanks James, i used a 3x barlow and stacked best 3000 frames from 4000 captured at 15fps.

Regards

Ben

Very good results for the 127 mak and webcam , plenty of detail there for sure :)

thanks Alan, i think they are my best to date but still not as clear as your images with the 127 Mak, do you think i would see improvements if i used my 2x barlow with the 3x used as an extension tube with lense removed?

Regards

Ben

I think they're good images. Plenty of detail, as Alan said.

Not sure changing the barlow would make a lot of difference, to be honest. I'd try stacking fewer frames of a longer capture run (my recent images have been 3000 out of 6000) and drop the frame rate down to 10fps, but beyond that you may be at the mercy of the seeing.

You may be interested in a posting I made last night about the SPC900 and compression. Ignore the first one as I worked out afterwards that I had the wrong end of the stick, but I think my second bite at the cherry is perhaps consistent with empirical results:

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-discussion/181712-spc900-discoveries.html

Looks like we've got a nice run of clear nights ahead of us, so I shall definitely be trying capture runs at different frame rates to see if it makes a visible difference.

James

I think they're good images. Plenty of detail, as Alan said.

Not sure changing the barlow would make a lot of difference, to be honest. I'd try stacking fewer frames of a longer capture run (my recent images have been 3000 out of 6000) and drop the frame rate down to 10fps, but beyond that you may be at the mercy of the seeing.

You may be interested in a posting I made last night about the SPC900 and compression. Ignore the first one as I worked out afterwards that I had the wrong end of the stick, but I think my second bite at the cherry is perhaps consistent with empirical results:

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-discussion/181712-spc900-discoveries.html

Looks like we've got a nice run of clear nights ahead of us, so I shall definitely be trying capture runs at different frame rates to see if it makes a visible difference.

James

thanks James, just had a read of your thread, next time out i will capture more frames as you sugest also drop my frame rate to 10fps and try capturing at the YUY2 setting. I look forward to seeing your results over the next few nights.

Regards

Ben :)

Archived