Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Selection of my first few DSO's

Viv

Hi guys,

I know most of these need more data / subs. But i've had my HEQ5 now for almost 3 weeks. So wanted to share these. Idead is to take general images, then re-visit for a couple of evenings.

All taken 240s @ 800iso

Some don't have many subs, as I (and the rest of us), been weatrher chasing / keeping ahead off ............

Also these have only had very basic editing, will be ordering Pixinsight soon.

M46 & NGC2438 - 12 subs

M46closest.jpg

Cropped of the above

Stacked-edited-cropped.jpg

Bodes - M81 & M82 - 23 subs

upload.jpg

Last nights - Monkeyhead NGC2174 (really going to work on this one again - even with my non modded DSLR) - 16 subs

edited.jpg

Thank you both - for the few sub there are on each. am happy the way they turned out.

What did you take in the way of darks and flats?

Confession - I haven't - they are only the light frames.

Every night this week, I have been trying to start work on a library of dark frames, but the clouds have gone, so clear skys can't be wasted.

It'll be a job for the weekend, as I have all of the original sub info, with temperature /iso / exposure on, so can match them up. May run a couple back through DSS - to see the difference .....

Ive just done exactly same thing here, ran off a load of Darks and Bias frames, and the difference is VERY noticable :) You'll be surprised at what kind of difference they do make to be honest! :)

Great images btw Scarlett, how i yern for 4min subs....LOL ;)

Thanks Eddy x

I think the filter I have, has allot to answer for. There are a few things, that are well worth the additional cost - that is one.

I have 3 street lights around the house (one is right behind me). Also 2 horrible security lights !! I'm not on the edge on Coventry either.

Will have to do a test later - 4 min without the filter & see how it differs ...........

Please kick me, if I haven't progressed with dark, by Saturday evening :)

Archived