Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M57 from last night

geoff_k

First attempt defeated by the clouds and they finally got me completely.

Before they did, I managed this shot. Slightly longer exposure than previously. Used the ATIK camera, F/R and I/R filter at the prime focus of my Europa. Also used the shorter webcam adapter.

Processed in Registax and re-sized, with some post-processing in PS using Noel's Actions.

At least I managed to get the central stars and might have done more but for having to rush due to the conditions.

post-13129-133877329273_thumb.jpg

Some nice structure in there, Geoff. I find with with this specific object that stacking it in MaximDL (my normal method) gives a nice enough image but with rather flat detail so I then load my stacked image into Registax and just apply some 'wavelets' adjustment to bring out the delicate whisps within the nebula - you have basically circumvented this by using Registax throughout and it has worked very well indeed for you. Nice colours too, I prefer the red/blue interpretation that you have used to the more green interpretation that some imagers use.

Archived