Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSLR right angle viewfinder add on

geppetto

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, not only is it 90 degrees, it also rotates left/right around the centreline of the eyepiece (I mean it can lean left like this \ or right like this / ). So not only do you not have to crawl around on your knees trying to get a rough focus, you also dont have to stand up but leant over at funny angles to get your eye to the viewer.

I bought the Canon Angle Finder C, cost me £135.00! :shock: Can't say that I found much of an improvement on my usual method of attaching the 350D to the telescopes diagonal. This puts the viewfinder of the camera into the same position as an eyepiece and saves a lot of grovelling. I use a T ring and barlow,with or without lens,for wide field and switch to an eyepiece holding adaptor when higher magnification is required. This works equally well on my refractors and Mak.

I'm not the only on to use this method...............Am I? :?

Anyway,I returned the item to the dealer, got a credit note and bought a dielectric diagonal and couple of filters instead.

CW

Trev

All i did was look through the finder on the x2 setting in daylight and tweaked

the barrell until the lines etched onto the cameras viewfinder screen were spot on in

focus (helps to point the camera at a plain white wall or something)

Pretty much the same procedure as setting the cameras viewfinder diopter setting ...

HTH :(

• 3 weeks later...

Ive had one of the Seagull ones since getting my Canon 400D last August. Its been a real boon saving my back on many occasions and allowing easier focusing and framing of the subject. I have also used the scope diagonal as in the above post but this will result in some transmission losses. Ultimately it is better to have the camera coupled directly to the scope.

• 2 months later...

I grabbed one as well, along with a locking remote control for my Samsung (pentax) The 21mm adaptor fits both the samsung G series camera's and the pentax K series including the K10D.

<ine arrived within 4 days of paying for it..and even included a nifty little storage pouch.. I'm mightly impressed..

At present I'm being tempted by one of the programable remotes they sell, it would be handy for taking some of the tedium out of doing exposure sets.

Archived