M51 looks exciting...

ollypenrice

Before the moon comes up I'm shooting 15 minute Luminance subs in the Yvesmobile (14 inches and 2.4 metres of FL) and M51 looks so exciting. At 100% it more than fills the laptop screen. :) This is the life!

The finshed product will be some way off in keeping with the house rule of 'as long as it takes' but I'm twitching to get at the data!

Mars and Saturn are fab tonight, too, with really stable seeing. The TEC has an eyepiece in it. Yes!

Olly

Alright - go on - rub it in Olly - I'm away from home with work at the mo and am now sat in the Holiday Inn in Telford watching the news. I can tell you this is NOT the life!

I did see the Jupiter and Venus conjunction tonight though.

Must get down your way soon - are you anywhere near Laragne?

Alright - go on - rub it in Olly - I'm away from home with work at the mo and am now sat in the Holiday Inn in Telford watching the news. I can tell you this is NOT the life!

I did see the Jupiter and Venus conjunction tonight though.

Must get down your way soon - are you anywhere near Laragne?

Laragne is our nearest town. If you know it do I guess that you are into hang gliding or paragliding? We are 25 minutes away by car.

Olly

That looks like a nice object to grab if you can. I guess it is probably too faint for my present setup. ED80 with either 1100D or LX modded SPC900NC.

(14 inches and 2.4 metres of FL) and M51 looks so exciting.

Drool, can't wait to see that! Bet you're capturing some serious detail...

That looks like a nice object to grab if you can. I guess it is probably too faint for my present setup. ED80 with either 1100D or LX modded SPC900NC.

Not necessarily! It's small-ish but certainly not too faint. Some SGL members have even captured it with a webam, e.g: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/131804-webcam-m51.html

Laragne is our nearest town. If you know it do I guess that you are into hang gliding or paragliding? We are 25 minutes away by car.

Yup - bang on Olly - I was into Hang-gliding and spent may a happy hour in (and above) Laragne in the late 80's - we used to camp at Ribiers.

The ed 80 with the 1100 is fine you can even try the modded web cam!

M51 is quite bright it appears in 10sec subs on my setup (obviously not very detailed :) )

Look forward to seeing the results Olly.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk

We got just under 4 hours of 'keepers' in 15 min subs last night and more are coming in tonight as I scribble. I must say, the four hours (ish) have gone deep and I do feel uncertain about believing strictly in the F ratio rule now that I'm operating a larger aperture scope. I'm not dead certain that my F7 TEC would have got so much of the halo in four hours. Yves' telescope certanly is a beast but I don't feel I have the feel for it yet. It 'feels' faster than F6.8. Not very scientific but... I'm not!

Olly

I have to say that I'm eagerly awaiting the 'Final' result. You have a fantastic resolution and wide field on that kit AND the accuracy in tracking, perhaps that makes the f-rule seem to shake at its foundation.

How's the bed?

I have to say that I'm eagerly awaiting the 'Final' result. You have a fantastic resolution and wide field on that kit AND the accuracy in tracking, perhaps that makes the f-rule seem to shake at its foundation.

How's the bed?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Over on PAIG I asked the great and the good about the F ratio rule breakdown and they'll have none of it.

I need to do more reading.

Olly

Archived