Thoughts on this starter pack please?

Hi all,

Not been active on here for a few months now, becoming a Dad took over somewhat!

I am looking at getting som binos to start exlploring the sky again, after having to give back my dad's.

I've come across this set, which looks ideal, I just wondered what people think of it as far as value for money?

Pentacon Praktica W10x50P binocular astronomer's kit (4-pc bino kit)

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Great stuff becoming a dad.

The set you mention is not bad, but not perfect. For the price its going to be hard to beat, but ideally you should be looking for the better quality BaK4 prisms.

As I said though its going to be hard to beat at the price especially with the literature supplied.

Nice place to live too...

Cheers pal.

I'll have a think then, see what else is around, it was the price and it all being in a handy pack that attracted me.

Re my loctation, it is a nice place to live, especially with the Ashdown forest on my doorstep. That said, your neck of the woods is also a nice place. My other half used to live up near Stanhope.

Rob,

Nip up to Lingfield to Telescope House and have a look through a few pairs of bino's.

They might even have some special offers on.

They'll ne happy to hepl and you'll be under no obligation to buy there and then if nothing takes your fancy.

Cheers Jon.

A guy at work mentioned them today. I think I'll take a trip over that way on Friday.

TwistedJester, thanks fella, it's awesome being a Dad. I'm keen to get back into astronomy now, so that with any luck it can be a shared hobby in the future.

Rob,

Nip up to Lingfield to Telescope House and have a look through a few pairs of bino's.

They might even have some special offers on.

They'll ne happy to hepl and you'll be under no obligation to buy there and then if nothing takes your fancy.

Hi,

I found these on the TH website, just the bins (no books) but still great value and these have the BaK4 prisms mentioned above.

Meade 10x50 Binocular Special Offer

HTH!

They are cheap bins and BAK7 whereas BAK4 would be better. You can buy the bins on there own for about £19.99 or so but they are good value. I have a pair of el cheapo bins and they are really good, I paid £1.20 on ebay for what I thought was just a new bag but it was new binoculars with a bag lol.

Hi,

I found these on the TH website, just the bins (no books) but still great value and these have the BaK4 prisms mentioned above.

Meade 10x50 Binocular Special Offer

HTH!

I have the same pair I got from them a few years ago now.

I was surprised at the quality and how clear they are. I use mine all the time in the garden when the Mrs is hogging the scope.

You won't go wrong with these :)

Archived